Stress is actually a part of human life. However, if not treated immediately, prolonged stress can trigger various health problems. One of the most effective ways to relieve stress is kundalini yoga.
Even though it sounds unfamiliar, kundalini yoga is a type of yoga that requires you to do certain movements while breathing and meditating. That is why kundalini yoga can be an effective way to relieve stress.
Variety of Kundalini Yoga Benefits
The movements in Kundalini yoga aim to relax the body and mind. While doing this, you can also do other things, like a hum or sing softly. Just like yoga in general, kundalini yoga is a good practice for body fitness and peace of mind.
The main benefit of kundalini yoga is stress relief. You can feel this if you do kundalini yoga regularly, at least 20 minutes per day. Although you don’t have to practice the movements perfectly, the important thing is that you do them regularly and seriously.
Apart from that, kundalini yoga also promotes positive thoughts, including oneself. When the energy in the body has been activated through kundalini yoga, you will feel a significant change in your inner aura. Unconsciously, you will become a person who is more empathetic, charismatic, creative, and at peace with yourself.
Kundalini Awakening Poses
Some basic movements of kundalini yoga are easy and can be tried at home, namely:
This pose is done by sitting down and opening your hips as wide as possible. Open your thighs slowly to avoid tightness and discomfort. Here are the steps to do it:
- Sit up straight on the floor, but not stiff, with your legs extended.
- Then, bend your knees outward, point your feet toward your body as if you were sitting cross-legged.
- Next, place your left foot on top of your right thigh, then place your right foot on top of your left thigh.
- During this process, inhale and exhale deeply.
- Avoid doing this pose if you are experiencing hip problems.
This pose aims to activate the kundalini energy. The way to do this is as follows:
- Start the movement lying on your stomach. Position your feet together and the backs of your feet pressed to the floor.
- Then, place your palms under your shoulders, making sure your fingers are pointing forward and your elbows are parallel to each other.
- Then, inhale, raise your head and body, then press your lower body to the floor.
- Straighten your arms, raise your chest and stomach, then lower your shoulders back.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds, while taking a deep breath.
- After that, exhale and return to the starting position.
Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose
This pose aims to increase self-confidence because it portrays you as a warrior. Here are the steps to do it, namely:
- Stand straight with your feet together. Then, turn your right leg outward, about 45 degrees.
- Then, step your right leg back, straighten your leg. Bend your left knee, but make sure it doesn’t go over your heel.
- Then, extend your arms to shoulder level, then bend your hands, clench your palms, and point your thumbs up.
- After that, rotate your upper body to the left, bend your right elbow simultaneously, and pull your right fist toward your right armpit.
- While holding this position for 2-3 minutes, look forward and take a deep breath.
- Perform this movement on the opposite side with your left leg back and your left arm bent. Then, hold for another 2-3 minutes while taking a deep breath.
Those are some kundalini yoga movements that you can try at home. In general, kundalini yoga movements tend to be safe for everyone. However, you should avoid doing it when you have breathing problems, joint pain, physical injury, or are pregnant.
If you want to be safer, you can ask for advice from experienced kundalini awakening instructors. Don’t forget to also know your health status, by regularly doing health checks.
Read also: Keep Feeling Like I Have To Pee